it’s fun day Monday! Let’s play a little game. I read a recipe post a while back that claimed it was a recipe you could make out of staples, no shopping needed, you should have it all in your pantry! I don’t even remember what the ingredients were now. But I can tell you they were NOT in my pantry. Ever since I’ve been kinda curious. What do people keep in their pantries? I mean I know what I keep in mine. However, I am well aware that 1)everyone is different and 2)I’m not what most would consider ‘normal.’
So humor me. Satisfy a little unwarranted curiosity on my part. I’ll list 10 things that you can always (or almost always) find in my pantry and you list yours in the comments or on Facebook. Come on…It’ll be fun!
Here are mine.
1) Beans – always black beans, often others as well
2) Rice – gotta fill those kids up somehow
3) Canned tomatoes – they seem to be in every recipe and go BOGO pretty often
4) Nuts – walnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashews
5) Canned corn – same as tomatoes
6) Black olives – pizza, quesadillas, rice and beans, right out of the can, we go through a lot
7) Popcorn kernels – Orville Redenbacher’s are non-GMO! (you know to balance all the totally GMO canned corn out…) Also that pinterest thing, about popping kernels in a paper bag in the microwave, totally works.
8) Oats – we use oats for EVERYTHING here
9) Peanut butter – always have to have an extra jar of peanut butter or almond butter or sun butter…
yeah it’s just like that….except minus the jelly…we like honey over here, but that’s in the cupboard, not the pantry 😉
10) Olive oil – gotta stock up on that stuff when it’s BOGO
And there you have it! That was actually a little harder than I thought it was going to be. I had to check ALL my pantry shelves. Geez, making me work on a Monday morning. What gives? Your turn, go to work!
What’s always in your pantry?